Friday, November 22, 2013

Five on Friday--11/22/13

THE GOOD LIFE BLOG


Ok, don't hold it against me for forgetting my '5 on Friday' post last week...we were having such a great time with our visitors that I didn't get around to it. Check out my latest post to catch up on all the details of their visit.


But for now, I'll link up with the creators of these lovely posts  (DarciApril,Christina, & Natasha)...hope you enjoy!



{one} dark places. 

No I'm not going goth or playing a haunted game of hide & seek. 'Dark Places' is a book by Gillian Flynn that I just finished earlier this week. I got hooked on her writing when I read 'Gone Girl' earlier this year and this one was just as good. It's definitely got a harsh, twisted plot line but it was a page-turner and I really enjoyed it. It's not exactly a lighthearted holiday read, but definitely one to add to your list for 2014 if you haven't already. 


{two} christmas cards. 

When we arrived home from our adventures last weekend, I was pleasantly surprised to find that our Christmas cards had already arrived at our flat. I absolutely love Mixbook and use their site exclusively for all of my photo needs...and this year was no different. They ship to New Zealand and it was the same cost as it would be to ship to the States...and they got here in only a week! (Note: I am not sponsored by Mixbook, just a happy returning customer!) Anywho--I got the cards and I'm happy with them for the most part...just buyer's remorse on my part over not liking the photo layout. But I spent all day yesterday addressing all of the cards so they are ready to be sent out. We will be sending them from Hawaii so we can use US postage instead of NZ rates! So, even though I know most of you are used to getting the Peters' card as one of the first, fret not...you'll get it...it'll just be closer to Christmas!
SORRY, THERE'S NO PHOTO FOR THIS ONE BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO WAIT TO SEE THE FINAL PRODUCT!

{three} big bang(s) theory. 

I found an amazing salon just over in Remuera (thanks to my friend, Tally) and went in to get my bangs fixed today. I took in a few pictures that I liked and was pleasantly surprised at the result. The best part about it was that they didn't charge me...at all! The cute girl who cut my hair said that 'fringe trims' are on the house because they don't take very long. I have two words: smart. business. Those Kiwis know what's up...they got me hooked and I will definitely go back there for future hair needs. I don't have a picture of me, but this is what I ended up with...

{four} tar heel swag.

Being the amazing man that my daddy is, he got 4 tickets to the UNC/UNCW basketball game on New Year's Eve. One more reason to be excited about our trip home! The game is at 5pm so we'll still have plenty of time to celebrate, but I can't think of a better way to get the night started than cheering on my Tar Heels! In honor of that, I thought it was only proper that Drew and I both had new UNC t-shirts. I ordered them both today even though I told my mom she can wrap them up and give them to us for Christmas. The only problem is that Drew (and my dad) might want to wear a UNCW shirt instead...

{five} a gentle reminder.

 I found this quote on Pinterest and I've been trying to pray and focus on it for the past few weeks. It is relevant to my life these days and it really is a simple fact that worry and faith can't coexist. 


Until next time...





1 comment:

  1. That quote! So true and what an important reminder. Excited for your upcoming travels and adventures and to see you in December!

    ReplyDelete