Saturday, July 28, 2012

NC -----> NZ

Well, folks...the day has finally arrived!



Drew and I are all packed and anxiously waiting to go to the airport. As we sit here, I've been reflecting on all of the 'lasts' that we've had this week...

-last time grocery shopping at Harris Teeter
-last week for Drew to eat his turkey sandwiches & pretzels for lunch
-last time eating at some of our favorite restaurants
-last week to watch US television
-last time shopping at Target
-last week driving on the right side of the road & the right side of the car
-last night snuggle with our dog
-last morning for Drew to eat Life cereal
-last time saying goodbyes that we've dreaded for so long

But in the midst of alllllllllll of those things that we'll be saying goodbye to and leaving behind, I'm getting very excited about allllllllllll of the FIRSTS that we'll get to have after a quick 24-hour day of flying. At this point I still don't know what to expect when we get off the plane in Auckland, but I know there will be so many wonderful things that await us 'down under'.* Apparently, we

(*Yes, I realize that 'down under' usually refers to Australia, but New Zealand actually coined that term first. However, due to the difference in size Australia obviously won that battle!)

We have been so, so blessed to have such amazing people in our lives to love and support us as we go on this incredible journey. As we start out on our lonnnnnng day of traveling today, we will keep each of you in our hearts and can't wait to share all of the details of our new life with you all!

Cheers!
Katie

1 comment:

  1. I love you darlin' and am so glad you and Drew get to have this amazing adventure together! I can't wait to hear about every little detail! As I write this, you still have about 5 hours of flying time and I'm guessing you're not real happy at this moment! But soon the fun will begin!!!

    Love you both with all my heart! mama

    ReplyDelete