This day a year ago was, without a doubt, the best day of my life! I think I can speak for Drew when I say it was the best day of his life, too :) The whole weekend was an incredible celebration with friends and family, young & old, near & far. It was truly a blessing to have the people most important to us all together to watch us commit our lives to one another. Everything seemed to work out pretty perfectly for us from start to finish--even the freak wind storm that closed out the rehearsal dinner was a wonderful memory to add to the list.
One of the luckiest things we had during our whole experience was having Jen running the whole show. She was so amazing from start to finish...and even now, she's one of my favorite people to keep in touch with!
I obviously knew from day one that Drew was my soul mate and my better half, but standing up there with him on our wedding day, speaking vows from our hearts and promising that we will love each other more with each passing day truly solidified our future and our relationship.
Drew is my rock, my provider, my friend, my confidant, and the absolute love of my life. I can't wait for all of the anniversaries we will get to share in the future, but I have to say that this first anniversary will be the most special for me, I think. I cannot believe how fast the time has flown this past year...and yet, it seems like all of this just happened yesterday!
For our anniversary today, we didn't EXACTLY follow the traditional gift rule of paper, but the gifts were perfect all the same. I got Drew a magazine subscription to his favorite surfing magazine--which would count as paper, but I had to get him the digital version since it can't be shipped here--and I got him tickets to to a whiskey tasting in a few weeks that he will hopefully enjoy! Drew, as usual, totally surprised me with this stunning necklace. I saw this in a store back in Raleigh earlier this year, so Drew went back, bought it, carried it in his suitcase all the way to New Zealand and has hidden it from me ever since--sneaky, sneaky!
Since we couldn't bring the top tier of our cake with us to eat tonight, I made the closest NZ equivalent which was yellow cake with Rainbow Chip frosting...close enough...and it was delish!
Thank you--each and every one of you--who came to the wedding, who toasted to us, who danced the night away, who encouraged, support, prayed for, and celebrated us. We wouldn't be where we are without you all!
Cheers!







No comments:
Post a Comment