To wrap up last weekend, we got some awesome pictures of our puppies from back home that made us smile!

Monday: Drew & I got up early and drove down to Hamilton which is about 2 hours south of here. Drew was supposed to be working on a client there Monday and Tuesday, but plans changed and we ended up coming home Monday evening. I got to watch some lovely movies on TV in our hotel room, had lunch with Drew & his team and bought some new crafting supplies at a local yarn store. It was a lot of driving in one day, but we did get a great view on the way home...
Tuesday: I met up with my friend, Tally, and we walked through some stores on Queen St. and then went to a downtown mall to browse around and enjoy some Starbucks. We're very sad though because everyone back home is getting to have Pumpkin Spice lattes, which they aren't serving here because it's going into spring, not fall!
Wednesday: I had lunch and ran some errands with Erin on her last day of freedom before she started her new job! Congrats to her for start on a new adventure!
Thursday: I spent the afternoon again with Tally and she taught me how to do embroidery! My first project was a dish towel with a chicken on it...it's not much, but it's a good place to start! We also baked some muffins and watched the Ellen show...how domestic are we??
Friday: Drew had Month End Drinks at PwC where the company brings in beer, wine & pizza for everyone and just has a social time to spend at work, but not working! I joined some of our fellow Americans for a happy hour just around the corner from PwC where we enjoyed $5 drinks and pizzas! After that, Drew & I headed over to Takapuna to have dinner with Erin & Scott at a place called the Elephant Wrestler--so much fun & great food!
Saturday: Drew & I got up and did one of our most favorite things in the world...CHRISTMAS SHOPPING!! Yes, we know we have problems when it comes to celebrating Christmas for an extended period of time, but we blame the stores for already having the decorations out for sale! We just couldn't resist :)
After that, we headed down to a winery/vineyard to do a wine tasting. I've gotten on a kick of buying Groupon-type deals here (except there are about 5 different sites that I'm signed up for here), but they really are great deals! For instance, this wine tasting was a full tasting (10 wines!) for 2 people plus a $25 voucher to use in their store...and it was only $29! The wine was great and we brought home 2 bottles to enjoy at a later date!
After that, we ate dinner at home then went to see a movie--perfect date day!
Sunday: Today, we got up and went to church with Will & Tally, had some soup & grilled cheeses for lunch then headed out exploring some new areas. We drove up to Orewa Beach and walked around on the gorgeous beaches. Then we had ice cream and drove around around to a few more beach areas before heading home and enjoying the inaugural use of our grill with some steaks and baked potatoes!
This weekend has been a wonderful way to celebrate our first year of marriage! More to come in a separate '1 Year Anniversary' post tomorrow!
Cheers!



No comments:
Post a Comment