Thursday, December 5, 2013

Five on Friday--12/6/13



It's hard to believe that there are only a few more Fridays left in 2013, so I figured I would link up with  DarciApril, Christina, and Natasha for another Five on Friday post!
 

{o.n.e} A very happy Turkey Day. Even though we didn't get to celebrate Thanksgiving along with everyone else on Thursday, we did get to celebrate it with some great friends last weekend. We hosted 14 people at our place and it actually felt like being home for the holidays! I found the 2012 Macy's Parade on YouTube, hooked up my computer to the TV, and we got to watch all 3 hours of floats, bands, balloons and performances--it's the little things, folks!




{t.w.o.} Even though I would admit that most of my days are filled with an overabundance of 'me time', I did something the other day that I've probably only done 2-3 other times in my life...I sat in a Starbucks, drank a coffee by myself and read a book for a little while. It was absolutely horrible weather outside, but it was nice to sit by the window and people-watch in between chapters. They had Christmas music playing and it was just a really nice start to my day. I have been babysitting Elliot everyday this week and I have a whole new respect for moms of babies...I can totally understand why getting away by yourself for an hour or so is a real treat!


{t.h.r.e.e.} 
                    
Yesterday, I went to my 2nd annual AWC Christmas Tea. As was the case last year, the weather was absolutely horrible and the lack of valet parking at the hotel where we held the event did not make for a fun walk...in heels, nonetheless! Regardless, it was a lovely morning with some lovely ladies, complete with yummy food, a few glasses of bubbles, and Christmas carols. One of the few things that has helped get me into the Christmas spirit this year!

{f.o.u.r.} Drew found this amazing video online and showed it to me last night and I just had to share it! I am always in awe of people with such talent and creativity like the guys in this video. I liked it so much, I bought their whole album on iTunes! Check it out...

{f.i.v.e.} I've been reading a lot lately...books, blogs, articles...but I saw this adorable Peanuts post on Pinterest yesterday and it just made me smile because of its simplicity. It's a great reminder of what we should be focusing on this holiday season!

Tonight we're going to the Auckland Symphony Orchestra Christmas concert and then we're having an early birthday celebration for me tomorrow night. Hard to believe this is our last weekend in New Zealand for 2013!

Until next time...


1 comment:

  1. Great post, Katie! Thanksgiving looked so sweet and I'm glad it felt close to home! Starbucks definitely has a way of getting you in the holiday spirit--maybe I should use some of my 'me' time to do the same! I can't believe it's your last weekend in NZ for the year, either! Excited for you guys to go on your next adventure and to see you in NC soon! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete