Friday, January 17, 2014

Five on Friday--1/17/14

THE GOOD LIFE BLOG
Time to link up with  DarciApril, Christina, and Natasha for another '5 on Friday' post to keep you up to date on our lives here in New Zealand...

{o.n.e} golden globes: This weekend (or Monday, our time) was the 71st annual Golden Globe awards. I absolutely LOVE award show season and I'm really glad it's one of the few things we get in real time here in NZ. I watched all two hours of the red carpet show and then watched all 3 hours of the awards show--yes I know, I need to get a hobby, but it was just one day! I'll check out the SAG awards this weekend and then have to wait until March for the Oscars (due to the Olympic coverage during the month of February.) Anyway--these are some of my favorite looks from the night:
LEFT: Amy Adams; CENTER: Margot Robbie; RIGHT: Olivia Wilde
LEFT: Lupita Nyong’o; CENTER: Jennifer Lawrence; RIGHT: Reese Witherspoon
TOP LEFT: Camilla Alves & Matthew McConaughey; BOTTOM LEFT: Bradley Cooper; RIGHT: Leonardo DiCaprio
{t.w.o.} jessica's hen do: You might be wondering what in the world this is, but a 'hen do' is what the Kiwis call a bachelorette party. Don't ask why--I honestly have no idea. Anyway--our friend, Jessica, is getting married in Atlanta in just a few weeks, so we thought we should have a girls' night celebration for her here. We had a lingerie shower for her at her place complete with cupcakes and champagne before heading downtown to participate in a burlesque dance class. It was really fun to watch all our girlfriends dance around like strippers! Then it was off to grab some drinks and then a wonderful southern dinner at Miss Clawdy's. Some of the girls continued on late into the night, but I was part of the group that called it a night after dinner. All in all, it was a fun night and hopefully Jessica had a good send off into married life!


             






{t.h.r.e.e.} aussie open--here we come: We are heading to the Australian Open this weekend with our friends, Amy & James. The weather forecast is looking rather warm for our outing, but the rest of the weekend should be nice. We flew over here in Emirates which was a first for us and got to check out their Airbus A-380. Holy moly--that's a big plane! You can check out the amazing plane here. And no, we didn't splurge for first class...maybe next time.

I must say that I am very excited to get to be experiencing the Australian Open in person. It's not normally one I watch on TV, but I figured if we were this close, we had to go! It also helps that some of our favorite NZ friends are from Melbourne and just moved back--so we get to hang out with them and have free tour guides for the weekend. Once we're done with this weekend, I just have to swing by the French Open and I can say that I've been to all the majors! Trip to Paris, Drew??

{f.o.u.r} surprise birthday dinner: Wednesday night before we left, we had a surprise 30th birthday dinner for our friend, Kevin. Since Drew and I are gone this weekend when everyone else will probably be celebrating his birthday, us, the Bruffys and the Smiths decided to have a little birthday dinner for him. Lots of yummy homemade food and liquor cake for dessert! Yum!!       
                       


{f.i.v.e} new blog: Fear not! I'm not getting rid of this blog just yet, but considering that this blog is called 'Living the Kiwi Life' I won't be able to keep it going forever. I have created a new blog called 'Peters in a Pod' that you can check out if you'd like. I'll be transitioning over to that blog more and more over the next 2 months so that it continues to keep up with our lives as we finish our time in New Zealand and make the move back to NC.

Until next time...






No comments:

Post a Comment