Friday, March 28, 2014

Five on Friday--3/28/14

So sorry I missed last week's post--there's never time for blogging when you have visitors in town! But, it is with many bittersweet feelings that I link up with DarciApril, Christina, and Natasha one last time while living in New Zealand!
THE GOOD LIFE BLOG

{o.n.e.}
This was definitely a week of 'lasts' here in New Zealand. Luckily, we got to share a lot of those 'lasts' with my family while they were here which made it a lot more fun! Most of them have to do with eating, but who can blame us??
-- last dinner at Tanuki's Cave...the first place we had dinner with our wonderful American friends who became our family.
-- last time up to the top of Sky Tower...a fun place that we took all of our visitors at some point or another.

-- last treat of Kiwi Yo...I treated myself to vanilla fro-yo with fresh pineapple, a little caramel and a cherry on top...definitely a favorite spot!
-- last trip out to Waiheke Island for amazing views and amazing wines...also another hot spot with visitors and expats alike
-- last time eating Sal's Pizza...technically this is where we're going for lunch on our last day here, but Drew will especially be very upset about saying goodbye to his beloved Sal's. Perhaps we can franchise one in NC??
-- last bbq with all of our friends :( This makes me particularly sad because--as excited as I am to hang out with everyone tomorrow night--I know it's the last time we'll see most of them. I'm sure I will be a big sap and cry a lot...but can you blame me??

Even though we are having a lot of 'lasts' and wrapping up our time here, we have so many incredible memories that we'll take with us forever and we have SO many things to look forward to when we get home. Check back here next week for my final New Zealand post!

{t.w.o.}
One of my favorite things that my mama brought with her when she came to visit was my new Erin Condren planner!!! I've had so much fun looking through it and going back to add things in to my calendar. I can't wait to keep using it for all our fun future plans in the States. If you're looking for a good planner, I highly recommend these!



{t.h.r.e.e.}
My sweet friend, Tally, made me a beautiful keepsake book of our time together here in New Zealand. It was so thoughtful of her to put so much time into it and to have it made in the US in time for her mom to bring it with her when she visited last week. I don't think either of us was expecting to exchange gifts today when we hung out, but it was a pleasant surprise on both ends. She started collecting vintage teacups a few months back and I found a cute tea shop downtown last week and couldn't resist getting her one. Even though it wasn't technically vintage, it looked like it would fit in with her others and hopefully it will remind her of me.



{f.o.u.r.}
Today was Drew's last official day at work. It's so hard to believe that this day has already come! Looking back, it seems like we just arrived here yesterday and on the other hand it seems like the life we've built here has taken years to achieve! This was the picture Drew took from his desk today--he noted that it was a bittersweet day for him...


{f.i.v.e}
I found this quote and thought it was appropriate to include for this week's post:

Cheers,





No comments:

Post a Comment