Since I missed last week, it's time to link up with Darci, April, Christina, and Natasha again for Five on Friday...

{o.n.e.}
My amazing hubby turned the big 3-0 on Monday! We didn't do much to celebrate on the actual day (since it was a Monday), but Drew worked from home so we did get to hang out all day. We also had the movers come to take away all of our stuff (see #2) and then we went to an early dinner at our favorite Italian place, Prego.
{t.w.o.}
We're officially moving! Ok, so this isn't news because we knew it was happening, but the movers came on Monday. They packed up all of our remaining stuff and hauled it off in their truck. We had done most of the packing already--they just had to wrap up our canvases, pictures, and kitchenware. It didn't take them very long at all and now we just have to keep our fingers crossed that it all makes it back to North Carolina unscathed!


{t.h.r.e.e.}

Today (my Friday) was a pamper day for me! I got myself a frappuccino from Starbucks, used a gift card given to me by some very sweet friends for Christmas to get the most luxurious pedicure ever, then had lunch at a fun new restaurant with one of my favorite Aussies. I went to Forme Spa in Parnell and had the cutest little British girl who scrubbed and pampered and polished my toes and gave me an incredible scalp massage. Man--I tell you what--if I had a ton of money I would get that done once a week! For lunch, Fran & I went to a new restaurant called Johnny Barr's that had yummy fresh, comfort food that was really yummy! Fran got one of the gourmet mac n' cheese dishes and I got chicken and waffles--delish!
{f.o.u.r.}
My house update for the week is that everything is officially painted! My mother-in-law did us such a huge favor by meeting with the painters, letting them into the house and picking out all the right colors. Even though it's kind of hard to decipher in pictures, I'm really happy with how everything turned out and can't wait to see it in person! Check it out for yourself...
{f.i.v.e.}
Also, this week we got to see our puppy 'in person'!! My parents drove over to Elon to see the little munchkin and play with her for a bit. They FaceTimed with us so we could see her, too, and she is so cute I could just eat her up! I can't wait to squeeze her little face--not really, but you know what I mean!

{o.n.e.}
My amazing hubby turned the big 3-0 on Monday! We didn't do much to celebrate on the actual day (since it was a Monday), but Drew worked from home so we did get to hang out all day. We also had the movers come to take away all of our stuff (see #2) and then we went to an early dinner at our favorite Italian place, Prego.
| This was one of Drew's birthday gifts--a framed portrait of his beloved Raleigh! |
We're officially moving! Ok, so this isn't news because we knew it was happening, but the movers came on Monday. They packed up all of our remaining stuff and hauled it off in their truck. We had done most of the packing already--they just had to wrap up our canvases, pictures, and kitchenware. It didn't take them very long at all and now we just have to keep our fingers crossed that it all makes it back to North Carolina unscathed!

{t.h.r.e.e.}

Today (my Friday) was a pamper day for me! I got myself a frappuccino from Starbucks, used a gift card given to me by some very sweet friends for Christmas to get the most luxurious pedicure ever, then had lunch at a fun new restaurant with one of my favorite Aussies. I went to Forme Spa in Parnell and had the cutest little British girl who scrubbed and pampered and polished my toes and gave me an incredible scalp massage. Man--I tell you what--if I had a ton of money I would get that done once a week! For lunch, Fran & I went to a new restaurant called Johnny Barr's that had yummy fresh, comfort food that was really yummy! Fran got one of the gourmet mac n' cheese dishes and I got chicken and waffles--delish!{f.o.u.r.}
My house update for the week is that everything is officially painted! My mother-in-law did us such a huge favor by meeting with the painters, letting them into the house and picking out all the right colors. Even though it's kind of hard to decipher in pictures, I'm really happy with how everything turned out and can't wait to see it in person! Check it out for yourself...
![]() |
| Clockwise from top left: dining room; downstairs guest bedroom; new grout in the kitchen; garage |
![]() |
| Clockwise from top left: upstairs guest bedroom; guest bathroom ceiling; master bathroom; master bedroom |
Also, this week we got to see our puppy 'in person'!! My parents drove over to Elon to see the little munchkin and play with her for a bit. They FaceTimed with us so we could see her, too, and she is so cute I could just eat her up! I can't wait to squeeze her little face--not really, but you know what I mean!
Until next time...



No comments:
Post a Comment