Just a quick post to recount the details of my 27th birthday yesterday (it's now December 19th here in New Zealand and it should be the 19th in the US by now, so I think 'yesterday' is the correct term!
Anyway--I find it hard to believe that I'm 27 years old...I told Drew that I don't feel a day over 23 to be quite honest. Although, being the sweet, loving husband that he is...the first thing he said to me yesterday morning was 'oh man, you're not in your mid-20s anymore...now you're in your late 20s!' He always knows the right things to say :)
In all seriousness though, he treated me to a very nice birthday given then fact that it was on a Tuesday and we're trying to get geared up to head home! We got to have a yummy Mexican lunch together and he surprised me with a cookbook that I've been wanting and a pretty hilarious card (see below) v v v
If that doesn't say 'love' I don't know what does!
We got dressed up a little and went to have dinner at Orbit which is the revolving restaurant at the top of the Sky Tower. Drew had never eaten at a revolving restaurant, so we were really looking forward to it. However, due to some crazy cyclones that have been affecting nearby islands, there was some unfortunate weather last night and the fog was so thick that we couldn't even see the skyscrapers next door to the Sky Tower :( In spite of the crummy weather, the meal was delicious and our waiter was very nice and accommodating...especially once we dropped in the fact that it was my birthday!

In addition to spending some quality time with my wonderful husband, I got cards, emails, texts, phone calls and Facebook wall posts from so many wonderful people here and from back home...and because of the time difference I really got to celebrate & feel the love for two straight days!
The best present...I have to say, though...is the fact that we GET TO GO HOME TOMORROW!!!!
Thank you to everyone who made my birthday a little bit better by sharing your love...here's hoping that 27 is a good year!
Cheers!


No comments:
Post a Comment