ONE: We're going home!!!!!!!!!! We are heading back to the Land of the Pines today! In some ways it seems like 5 months has crawled by because so much has happened, but in other ways it seems like we were just home. Although the actual travel days are utterly exhausting, the reward of getting to see friends, family, and puppies makes it worth it! We'll get to be home for almost 2 full weeks and have plans to hang out in Raleigh, head down to Figure 8 for a long weekend, then visit my family in Greensboro for a few days. Even though we always swear we're going to relax and enjoy, we always end up with a jam-packed schedule with lots of things to do and people to see.
TWO: Scandal! I've heard all the buzz about this tv show, Scandal, back in the States but had never bothered to download it on iTunes. Then, by some miracle, TVNZ decided to pick up the series and started showing it here. The first season was only a 7-episode mini season, but we rushed through all of them in less than a week. They might start showing the 2nd season here while we're away, so I might have to watch it online while we have access to it in the States. If you haven't watched it, you should. Olivia Pope is my new hero!

FOUR: In addition to movies (which I will only get to enjoy on the plane) I have downloaded several books on my iPad. Technology is so awesome these days...I can use my library account from NC to download digital books for free. These books should last me for a little while at least...and then I can get more! I'm still working towards my goal of reading a book a week this year...we'll see how close I get!

FIVE: Anxiety help! As you probably know, I have terrible anxiety...especially when it comes to flying. This week I have been particularly anxious about traveling, but I have been reading this quote over and over and trying to remember that no matter what situation I'm in, God is with me always.
Until next time...




No comments:
Post a Comment