(disclaimer: I try to post after 4pm on Friday New Zealand time because then it is technically Friday back in NC. This week is being posted a little early because we're leaving to go on vacation...see thing #1!)
5 things I got excited about this week...
ONE: Ski trip!! We're leaving today with 7 of our closest friends to go on a ski weekend! It's not Labor Day here, so it'll be a quick trip, but one we're very much looking forward to. Drew & I opted not to actually go skiing in order to save some money and forego any potential broken bones...plus we get to spend a few hours with baby Elliot! Can't wait!

(Note: I didn't take this picture, but this is where we're going)
TWO: Skype dates!! I got to Skype with one of my best friends, Breana, this week and it was one of the highlights of this crazy week for sure. We got so wrapped up in our conversation that 2 hours flew by in no time and Bre forgot that she hadn't even eaten dinner--oops! We've decided that once I get back from our trip we are going to have a standing weekly Skype date...yay for new things on my calendar! I also got to catch up with my beautiful cousin, Alex, who just got back from her very belated European honeymoon. We got to catch up and I'm hoping to get to talk to her again next week.

THREE: Online shopping!! For those of you who have ever been to/lived in NZ, you know that the shopping here is garbage. One of my saving graces is online shopping in the US...especially since I can ship stuff to my parents or my in-laws and pick them up on one of our trips home. I'm especially excited about my black skinny jeans from H&M and my new bathing suit from Victoria's Secret.
FOUR: Real mail!! Y'all, my grandma (we affectionately call her Maz) is the absolutely best. She is so thoughtful and always sends us cards in the mail...even in New Zealand! The other Vail kids can attest to the fact that she remembers every birthday, Valentine's Day, Easter, Halloween, etc. and her cards are usually accompanied by some sort of confetti or glitter. This time, she sent us the sweetest card to congratulate us on moving into our new apartment. Love her!FIVE: Inspiration!! I have been on a quote binge lately...just finding all sorts of uplifting messages from various places. Pinterest seems to be a great source and having some visual reminders is a great boost each day. This quote made me especially happy this week because I've been challenging myself to really live in the moment, especially while we're here on this adventure that we'll never get to have again.
Until next time...



No comments:
Post a Comment