Cool things from this week in no particular order...
We got to check out the superyacht 'A' that was docked in Westhaven Marina here in Auckland. Drew and I walked down to see it and it did not disappoint. Besides cruise ships, this was the largest boat I have ever seen. I would've paid good money to get to walk through the inside of this monstrosity, but I'm guessing if the owner can shell out $350 million for his boat, he probably doesn't need money from people who want to see his boat! If you want to see interior footage of the boat, check out this article. Drew and I are trying to find out where to buy albino stingray hide so we can outfit our entire future home in the stuff (kidding.)
Last Saturday, we christened our rooftop balcony with some friends and it was glorious! It ended up being a fabulous afternoon so we gathered some drinks and snacks and music and just enjoyed the sunshine, the company and the beautiful view. We have a feeling this will become a frequent tradition over the next few months!
I've been trying to do better about branching out and trying new things for lunch and dinner and even snacks. This week I made a shrimp pasta dish with onions, mushrooms, garlic, red pepper flakes, white wine and a little cream. I've honestly never made shrimp anything before even though I love seafood, and this dish did not disappoint. Also, my new favorite snack is carrots and pesto hummus.
I love pesto and I love hummus so I'm not sure why I've never tried this before, but I will definitely be enjoying this more often! I've also treated myself to the delicious summer fruits that are now plentiful in the stores...and we splurged and tried a 'cronut' for the first time--a.maz.ing.

TICKETS!! GET YOUR TICKETS!! Well, we certainly got our tickets! We've got so many fun things to look forward to over the next few months it's almost hard to keep track. Tomorrow night, we're going to see Wicked with Will & Tally. I don't have a picture of those tickets, but will definitely post about that in next week's blog! This past week, however, we did get tickets to go see Chicago (the musical) in November and we finally got our tickets to the Australian Open in January!!! It's so great to live in a city where there are constantly things to do and things to look forward to!
We got to finally have a catch up dinner with our wonderful friends, Amy & James. We're so sad that they're moving back to Oz in December, but very excited that we're going to visit them in January (see #4 for details!) They still live over in the Viaduct in our old apartment complex and...of course...as soon as we moved out, they opened up a ton of new restaurants along the waterfront down there. We wanted to try a new Italian place called Baduzzi, but at 7pm there was a 2-hour wait so we vetoed that. Then, we tried a new creole place called Miss Clawdy's and that was an hour wait. So we opted for Thai Street which was actually really delicious! We had a great time chatting and will definitely have to do it again before they leave for good!
Until next time...






No comments:
Post a Comment