It's time for the Five on Friday--Valentine's Edition. For me, though, Valentine's Day is not just a cheese ball holiday where I get to remind my husband how much I love him, but it's also my one and only sister's birthday! So this week, as I link up with Darci, April, Christina, and Natasha , my post will be dedicated to things I'm loving this week, which happens to include my sissy!
{o.n.e.}
First of all...a very happy 32nd birthday to my sister, Leigh! She is a fun, funny, free-spirited, funky, fierce chica. She is a sister, a daughter, a friend, a child of God, a dreamer, a thinker, and styro-phobic. We haven't always seen eye to eye, but no one can take away the relationship that sisters share with one another. Sissy--I hope you have a wonderful birthday and know that we're sending you lots of love from halfway around the world!
{t.w.o.}
In traditional Valentine's Day fashion, I'll just take a brief moment to say how much I love my husband and how thankful I am that I get to call him mine. We have been through a lot of ups and downs in the past three and half years, but I can't imagine my life without him and am grateful every single day that he is the love of my life.
I found this poem on Pinterest (where else??) and just thought it was really sweet and expressed my feelings perfectly. It's simple and to the point, but I totally love the line that says that 'I love you more than all these things with a love that doesn't bend.' I think if we're all lucky to have that kind of love once in our lives, then we're all lucky enough.
Was that sappy enough for you today??
{t.h.r.e.e.}
As you may have seen on Facebook last week, I ordered myself an Erin Condren life planner. Thanks to the recommendation of a friend, one of these bad boys is en route to my parents' house in NC and they're bringing it with them when they come visit in a month!! Woo hoo!! Just when I thought I couldn't get any more excited about their visit ;) Anywho--if you're not familiar, you should definitely check out her website--she has amazing, colorful, fun stuff to help you stay organized...I love this woman! I will even admit that I am that kind of person who will go back and fill in the stuff I've already done over the past two months just to make good use out of all 12 months in the planner.
I've shown this to a few of my friends and they all agree that this is very 'Katie Peters'--I hope that's a good thing!
![]() |
| This is the one I ordered, but hopefully it will say Katie Peters and not Teresa Sullivan! |
{f.o.u.r.}
This little guy speaks for himself--if you've got a few minutes, please watch this video. It will remind you of how simple positive thinking and kindness can make a difference in the world. Love it.
{f.i.v.e.}
Also, this week (yesterday to be exact) was our niece, Lauren's, birthday. She's SEVEN! I wasn't there when she was born, but I remember her 3rd birthday! It's amazing how fast kids grown up, even though that sounds so cliche....it's true! Anyway--we sent her a diary set and some gel pens because that's what she said she wanted...she's a girl after my own heart!
She, along with our other niece, Mackenzie, our future nieces and nephews, and our incredible parents and siblings...really do complete our lives. I love each and every one of them dearly.
Until next time...






No comments:
Post a Comment