Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Like being 16 all over again!

Last week we went to a place called Turner's Auctions to look for a car. They had a section of cars that were labeled 'Buy Now'...so, very much like Carmax where they have a sticker price and that's what you pay. We found a great car that was under our budget, told the salesman we wanted it and he swiped our credit card and we signed 2 pieces of paper...that's it! It was definitely WAY easier than buying a car back in the States!

So, here she is...


A 2004 VW Passat station wagon...you know you're jealous!

(Note: I took a lot of pictures on my phone of Drew driving for the first time, but somehow they didn't get saved!)

Anyway--we drove this bad boy off the lot and driving on the left side is quite terrifying at first! I think it might be more nerve-racking as the passenger, but that's just because I haven't driven yet! Even sitting in the car I felt nervous like I did when I first started driving and had no clue where to go or when to turn or how to look the correct way for oncoming traffic!

But we have our trusty GPS and managed to get back to the city to get gas just before we ran out--that was a fun experience...it cost $126 NZD to fill up our tank--yowza!

Anyway--I'm sure there will be lots more driving adventure stories to come, especially once I have to get behind the wheel!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment