Thursday, August 16, 2012

Staying Busy

So this week has been Drew's first week at work and I have to admit that I was a little nervous about being on my own in Auckland for the first time! However, this week has been great and I've stayed busy almost every day with some of my new friends! Here's a little recap of the week...

Monday:
I walked with Drew to work...sat at Starbucks for a little bit...walked through a few stores and got my credit card set up...then walked back home and organized some stuff...then picked up Drew from work and we went to a place called Tanuki's Cave for a birthday dinner for one of our new friends, Melissa!


Tuesday:
I had my job interview at lululemon...met up with my new friends Katie & Erin...we went to lunch, walked down by the water and into a few stores, then had a glass of wine at a really cool bar...came home, waited for Drew and we ate dinner



Wednesday:
Drove over to the grocery store by myself for the first time...had lunch with Erin and Darleen who is the president of the American Women's Club...we walked around town for a bit...I cooked dinner and Drew & I watched a movie



Thursday:
I went to the AWC's general meeting where I met a lot of lovely ladies...two of them invited me to go out to lunch afterwards so we got to eat yummy Mexican food and see a new part of the city called Parnell...I got to catch up on some TV...then I picked up Drew and we had dinner and called it an early night.

We've got a couple fun things planned for this weekend, but I'll post more on all of those things later!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment